Here they are, the most fun in the Fantasy and Science-Fiction genre I’ve read in the last decade. I choose these, especially for being entertaining. With the exception of the first which is a trilogy, the others are all part of a long series where the story, until now, still has the strength of the first book. I declined writing a summary of each book, otherwise this would be a really long post. I also left out other books I found also fun, but which in my opinion had small flaws, like an unsatisfactory end or one dimensional characters. I must warn that a couple of them contains scenes with horrible dark things and violence and not each of them is everybody’s taste. And the last book with the following story you can also read online as a Webcomic on the page: http://www.tryinghuman.com/
1) The Black Jewels Trilogy: Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels #1-3) by Anne Bishop.
2) Halfway to the Grave: A Night Huntress Novel (Night Huntress) by Jeaniene Frost.
3) Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews.
4) Storm Front (The Dresden Files #1) by Jim Butcher.
5) A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin.
Science Fiction – Space Opera
6) Hidden Empire (The Saga of Seven Suns, #1) by Kevin J. Anderson.
Science-Fiction Graphic Novel
7) Trying Human Comic (Volume #1) by Emy Bitner